Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Book Quiz

Okay, here we go. You can be tagged if you want to be. It's really fun to do. Even though I've read hundreds and hundreds of books, I had trouble remembering the titles of 30. But once I found the titles, I remembered what the story was. At least I have that much. :) If you do decide you'd like to do it, please leave a comment; I'd love to see how you answer. Enjoy!

Top 3 authors:
1. Elizabeth George Speare
2. Lois Walfred Johnson
3. Greg Kincaid

Top 3 male characters:
1. Nat
2. Blake
3. Michael

Top 3 female characters:
1. Kit
2. Joanna
3. Carrie

Top 30 fiction books in no particular order:
1. The Witch of Blackbird Pond
2. The Sign of the Beaver
3. Calico Captive
4. The Hidden Treasure of Glaston
5. To Have and to Hold
6. Bear and Forbear
7. All Things Bright and Beautiful
8. All Creatures Great and Small
9. All Things Wise and Wonderful
10. The Lord God Made Them All
11. Augustine Came to Kent
12. The Hawk that Dare Not Hunt by Day
13. A Dog Named Christmas
14. Treasure Island
15.Where the Red Fern Grows
16. Not My Will
17. Heidi
18. Secret Garden
19.Little Princess
20. The Black Arrow
21. Sherlock Holmes
22. I, Houdini
23. Follow My Leader
24. Swiss Family Robinson
25. Within the Palace Gates
26. Little House on the Prairie
27. Scout: The Secret of the Swamp
28. Ink on His Fingers
29. Cabin on the Prairie
30. Cabin in the North Woods

Top 3 books most recently read:
1. The Endless Steppe (almost done)
2. The Adventures of Happy Jack (Mom is still reading it to me)
3. Hilma (Jo is still reading it to me)

Worst 3 books ever read:
1. Saga America (it's not bad, it's just a real dragger)
2. The Cat Who Went Underground
3. Christianity and the Celts (I didn't finish it it was so blah)

Top 5 scenes from any books:
1. When Nat rescues Kit
2. When Mikkel comes back for Bree
3. When Dick finds out Joanna is a girl
4. When Nat and Kit are repairing the roof
5. When Nat shows Kit the boat

The book(s) that made me cry the most:
1. My book (for those of you who don't know, I'm writing a book)
2. Where the Red Fern Grows
3. Fighting for Dear Life

The book(s) that made me laugh the most:
1. When Mama Makes Up Her Mind (not recommended; Mom read it to us very edited)
2. Tell Me Where it Hurts (again, not recommended; Mom edited it)
3.I, Houdini

The book(s) that made me feel the best at the end:
1. Witch of Blackbird Pond
2. A Dog Named Christmas
3. The Sign of the Beaver
4. The Secret Garden
5. The Black Arrow

Contemporary or Historical? Contemporary

Science Fiction, Fantasy, or Horror? Fantasy (depends on the type, though) or good Horror (I classify Donal Grant as a good horror. some parts are really spooky, but it's not bad)

Hardback or Trade Paperback or Mass Market Paperback? Any. A book is a book

Barnes & Noble or Amazon? neither

Bookmark or Dog-ear? bookmark

Alphabetize by author, alphabetize by title, or organize not at all? by looks

Keep, Throw Away, or Sell? depends on how good the book was

Keep dust-jacket or toss it? keep it

Read with dust jacket or remove it? why remove it?

Little Women or Anne of Green Gables? both

Short story or novel? Novel

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks? Chapter breaks

“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”? both

Tear Jerker or Belly Laugh? tear jerker

Buy or Borrow? borrow unless it's really good

Standalone or Series? standalone

Tidy ending or Cliffhanger? tidy ending

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard? I don't know who's heard of what, but I don't think many at all have heard of Scout: The Secret of the Swamp

4 comments:

Kaitlyn said...

Hey Sarah!
I love the book Calico Captive too!! I read it last year for a book report!!

Christine said...

Wow, Sarah!
I wish I had time to read like I used to. Caddie Woodlawn was one of my girlhood favorites. I've never heard of any in your top 30!!!
I loved your post. :)
Mrs. S

Anonymous said...

We've read Scout! We own a copy!Mancas Friends

Tarissa said...

I recently came across your blog, and started following it. Just now getting around to comment... :)

You've read some excellent books! I recognize 'The Black Arrow' by RLS.. I've not read it YET, but I hope to sometime. Actually, right now I'm reading a different RLS book, called 'Kidnapped'... love it so far!

Also, I'm glad to see that you liked 'A Dog Named Christmas'. My family watched that movie this past December and now, when Christmas 2010 comes, I hope to read the book!

Anyways, you have GREAT taste in books! (that's my opinion!) I'll be looking at your blog again soon. *bye for now*
~ Tarissa