Monday, April 5, 2010

Ahhh...

Doing things you haven't done since you were little...ahhhhhhh. :) (in this case, being little was three years ago. :) To get to go to a speech and debate tournament. :)

When we were little, we were speech and debate kids. We were never in it, but we were always at the tournaments all day every day. We knew some of the kids when we started, but year after year we got to know most all of the other kids. We became part of the group. We knew everyone and everyone knew us. It was a ton of fun. When I started timing, I was the youngest person doing it. I was under the age they allowed, but I had sat in on so many speeches and they desperately needed timers. After I timed speech for a while, they let me move up to timing debate. I was one of the regulars at the timing station. They got to know me so well that they would stick me in the room that I would best like to time. And I always loved the rooms they gave me. When we moved, our speech and debate days came to an end. We didn't know of any tournaments around here. And then we started meeting people and found out there is one around here! So this weekend I get to go to a speech and debate tournament. :) And it's looking like I'll probably get to time. :) One of the nice things is that I already know quite a few kids who are in it. :) Ahhhh...like the good old days. :) (can you tell I'm happy? :)

3 comments:

The Waldbeser Family said...

hey, i just remembered that I'm going as well so...there is no way we will be at frisbee, but at least we'll still see each other! :)

Allison said...

cool S! i hope you don't mind if I hang around you a TON! :DDD Yes, I'll be timing there too! Are you going Thursday- saturday?
--Allison

Frisbee Girl said...

I'll be there for all of the speech rounds except the later one on Friday, and no, I wouldn't mind the company! :)